When I saw this challenge I remembered my Hero Arts kit from last year and thought it was perfect to use here. As well I remembered seeing Angie doing a wonderful series of cards using it and this is my take on something she did.
First I stamped and die cut the elements I wanted to use and then I coloured them using a mix of Inktense pencils and Sakura Glaze pens. I found adding the glaze over the spots of the leopard and letting it dry, before colouring it meant that I didn’t have to worry about being too careful. Adding shading was done in several layers and I’m fairly happy with the result. I did the same thing with the branch. I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed in white. Then I took a Hero Arts stencil and added ink using peeled paint and twisted citron distress inks. After adding the sentiment strip I carefully glued the branch and the leopard in a position I liked. Mental note to self, is to use this set more, as it has lots of great pieces and makes good generic or masculine style cards. And an FYI for my stamp group – if you haven’t invested in a Magic Mat, for your die cut machine, it is a worthwhile investment. It has been a game changer for me.