The masking I tried had left me with the shape I needed but some very messy lines. After looking at it again I realized that I could rescue the actual stamping and the background by cutting it out in the diamond shape and using it on another card front. Once it was cut out I added a border with a fine gold pen and using the same pen I added some gold to the snowflakes. I also added some sparkle with a Sakura gelly roll pen. I added three gems to the middle of snowflakes for added interest after which I adhered the entire thing to the card front. Added the 2 sentiments on angles and am much happier with the result now.