I figured if I have to make sympathy cards, I may as well ensure that one of them at least fit a challenge. In this case I managed to make it fit two one at JUGS and one at PaperPlayers. I started with the sketch and an idea and then incorporated some of the colours and the butterflies from the JUGS photo. I realize from the photo that it is hard to see the detail although in RL it is quite obvious. Firstly I stamped two sets of leaves from a new SSS set using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink over which I heat embossed in pink. I did this a couple of times to get a better impression but it is quite a pale effect on the kraft cs. Then I stamped the sentiment in black and when dry went over it with a Sakura jelly roll glitter pen. Using some cs in the pink and purple I went over it with the soft shine of my rose gold shimmer stick. Once that was dry I stamped the butterflies using wilted violet distress ink and stamps from a StampinUp set called Kinda Electic. I like these butterflies quite a lot, but the detail they give isn’t as apparent on the photo. After fussy cutting them out I added them as shown to the front panel. After adding a thin black border I adhered it all to the card front. With a little bit of bling and a small amount of perfect pearl onto the leaves there is a subtle shimmer to the whole card. Wish I could take photos of the shimmer. Hubby probably could but I’d be waiting at least a week for him to actually get to and I’m not willing to wait.
I also did this one but not for any challenges and it is dry embossed with the tiny die cut butterflies from SSS. The following one is in a larger format so my hubby can get all the club members to sign it.
I used a spotlight technique and some masking on this one and am pleased with the result. The heat embossing on this one is almost a coppery colour and I really like the powder. It is a new one and I hadn’t used it until this card. Stamp sets are from CTMH.