Florals for a Friend

Global Design Project #339 | Theme Challenge

This embossed tulip frame layer by StampinUp has been sitting on my desk for a week or two. When I first made it, I wasn’t happy with it for the card I was then creating. I did cut it down a bit and also cut the middle part of the layer out too. Quite by accident the DSP angled piece ended up underneath the frame and I decided that was a good way to use the scrap DSP. I added a woodgrain piece at the bottom before making the flowers. The flowers and leaves are all from an Altenew stamp set and I used Distress oxides to stamp them. After fussy cutting them out I used some foam tape and then added them to the card front. The card front is the same green as you see in the DSP but looks black in the photo. The word was stamped and die cut from a GKD set called Stitched leaves and I added the embossed word to the black shadow before adding to the card. Rather than add any embellishments to this card I just added some sparkle to the flower centers. Thanks for looking.

9 thoughts on “Florals for a Friend

  1. I agree with Lisa that embossing folder is on my favorite list too. I like that you turned it into a frame and your combination of patterened papers for the background of your added flowers looks very cool.

    Liked by 1 person

  2. This is beautiful. Love the touch of woodgrain in the background. Very clever making a frame out of the Tulip ef, something I never would have thought of.

    Liked by 1 person

  3. This is a nice one Johanna. It’s fun how sometimes those accidental finds are just right. I really like your woodgrain behind the flowers, as well.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s