As I wasn’t totally happy with my challenge entry at JUG’s yesterday, I decided to have another go and this is the result. In fact I’ve been playing quite a bit with various ideas using the puzzle die I’ve just acquired. It is from Hero Arts and I’ve had some fun with it. I’ll add some of the others I’ve made later this week. This particular idea came from something seen on Pinterest, but I can’t tell you who did it originally as the photo doesn’t follow any links. Whoever you are thanks for the inspiration.
I liked the sentiment a lot so I recreated it on my computer and printed it. As you can see I used the challenge colours on the puzzle die and cut them out. Then I used a die set I’ve had for a while, but cannot remember the brand, to cut a small frame. Added some plastic to that and using foam tape mounted it onto the background piece leaving an opening to add the puzzle pieces. Once the pieces were inside I sealed the opening and added this to a card front. It is like a shaker except that I stuffed it so full of the pieces they don’t actually move about which, in a way, was what I wanted. The PP background is an old scrap I’ve had forever and it fit the colours so was perfect here. Added a few gems and considered it finished. I’m much happier with this entry than with the other one. The only annoyance is I can’t seem to get good photos yet. I don’t have the set up I used in my last craft room and until this one is completed photos are a bit hit and miss. All the cabinets and hardware were delivered today so we are getting close to having it installed and finished! Can hardly wait.