These past couple of days I was so busy creating something ready for next month as a guest designer, that I almost forgot about the current challenge. Then when I remembered it I couldn’t at first think of anything that would fit the theme. A bit of research gave me the idea for the mask with feathers and I was off. As I don’t have any stamps that work for a mask I eventually used one I found on the Internet and coloured it with Sakura Glaze to get a deep green. I used a gold pen around the edges of both eyes and the entire mask shape. Another internet search netted me the tiny dragonflies which I managed to fussy cut using tweezers and scissors. These I glued to the upper corner edges of the mask. I spent some time with my Inka Gold pots and added the colours to a piece of mineral paper which I intended to die cut. Unfortunately although the colours are wonderful I didn’t realize that mineral paper doesn’t like being die cut so I got embossed impressions of feathers rather than the feathers I needed. I set it aside figuring I can use it later as a background and die cut more feathers using regular white card stock. My feather dies are from both SSS and Spellbinders and I cut more than I needed. After sponging them with various Mardi Gras colours I picked the best ones to add to the center of the mask. Using some purple Christmas ribbon I fringed and curled it a bit and then added some to each corner to hang down. The sentiment came from a new StampinUp set and after stamping I added a bit more ribbon and one feather to this before gluing it to the card front. Initially I made a harlequin background with a stencil, but hated the result so I did some more research trying to find one I liked which was unsuccessful. After thinking a bit, I remembered I had some lovely paper that had some golds in it so this became my background layer. I even added some feathers to the inside of the card. I know I shouldn’t say this, but I love the result for this card and my hubby was impressed.