One of by besties daughter is expecting her first baby any day now. I don’t know the sex so decided to make 2 generic cards ready to mail (one for the new mom and one for grandmother) and I thought the CYHTP with a twist of pastel’s challenge was the perfect way to make a card and enter a challenge at the same time. Using a new stamp set from MFT that I hadn’t inked yet my first task was to make those images work. Using Tombow markers and a technique seen on A.I, I added colour to the stamp with the markers and then stamped the image onto mixed media paper. With a wet brush I filled in some colour pulling it from the lines of the image. Once they were done I needed backgrounds and on Instagram I viewed a card by Sheri Gilson and another by Gina K – both with ideas I thought would work for the backgrounds. The following cards are what I initially came up with. The one at the top is what I did today when I realized that I hadn’t used any embossing on the my first efforts.
Once the images were done I die cut them and added some foam tape to the back. Taking a white layer piece I used a stencil, I don’t remember from which company, in various inks keeping them as light in colour as possible. This is the background for the giraffe card. Using the idea on Sheri’s card I also added some pastel strips across the layer. Then I popped the image on top, added the sentiment and a few gems. The one with the elephants is close to being the same except in this case I used Gina’s bubble wrap technique for my background and I added some gold pen to the frame of the image. I also scored the card edge and added the layer between the scored lines. You can imagine my face when I realized that I had met the pastel part of the challenge but not the embossing.
The one I did today is also along the same lines but in this case I used an EF by, I think, Crafters Companion and another one by WeRMemory Keepers. The panel was embossed first and I used the debossed side with soft inks sponged over the top. The strips were done with the triangle folder. And I added a small frame popped up over the image before attaching it to the card front. I added the tiny gems at the top only. I’m happy with all of these although I still need a lot of practice with the water colouring part. Having the cards ready to go as soon as I know the baby is here and one to spare is great. Thanks for spending time with me today.