The Sisterhood of Crafters has an embossing challenge just started and I had seen a technique at SplitCoast Stampers HERE that I wanted to try. My issue with this was I didn’t have many of the suggested supplies so I improvised. I’m not sure if I like the result but it was fun to give this a try nonetheless. Apart from the supplies I followed the tutorial and video pretty closely. Instead of using a lot of die cuts I used a 3D embossing folder by Crafters Companion and then I cut 2 layers of the word die that you can see on the card front. Not having Liquitex I used distress collage medium initially and then my paints were mainly from Pebeo as I don’t have any acrylic paints. My end result has a glossy finish because these paints dry glossy. I couldn’t get the white highlights either and wasn’t happy until I had the bright idea of swiping some golden ink over the top using an ink pad by Delicata. This gave me better results and softened the paint colours underneath. I’m still uncertain as to whether or not I like the card, but it was fun to play. Using a gold pen and ruler I added the frame at the edges and I also added a few tiny gems to finish the look. If I try this again I will ensure I have the right supplies on hand.