After going through my paper scraps I picked out several different shades of yellow and using a new Spellbinders die set called Be Leave Me, I proceeded to die cut the elements. I paper pieced the flowers to fit the challenge as well as adding the largest element to a black piece. I wanted some contrast between the flowers, leaves and background so I chose a cream yellow for the leaf outline and added it to a yellow green paint swatch. Using a glitter paper pad from Scrapbook.com I found a yellow green that works for the background and I dry embossed it using a brocade folder. I also cut a flourish from the same glitter pad and then added some gold gems for the center of the flowers. As I’m not sure yet of how I will use the card I’ve left off a sentiment and, in fact, may just add something inside rather than on the front.
Thanks for sharing some time with me today.